Thursday 10 March 2016

The Last Six Months

My apologies to those hoping to read many insights and articles on my blog.
The last six months have been busy for many of the wrong reasons, including illness and ultimately an operation last month to improve my health outlook. This seems to have been successful, so I hope to put it behind me and move forward.
This period was also a time when I reviewed carefully the direction I was moving in with my Buddhist practice, and ultimately this meant I have changed my plans - for the better, I believe.
I am now studying the teachings of the Vietnamese-born Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh and the Plum Village tradition he began. I am joining a local sangha for support and encouragement, and I hope to visit the AIAB (Asian Institute of Applied Buddhism) in Hong Kong in July to attend a 4-day retreat and take the Five Mindfulness Trainings.
In the meantime, I have set up a meditation room and hope to make good use of it as I explore the practice further. I have also added links to blogs and websites of Plum Village.
To those reading this post, I wish you every blessing for the year 2016.
Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment